A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Tuesday, December 13, 2005

The Grave Photo

Over at the Corner, Byron York has posted this:

CINDY SHEEHAN'S GRAVE PHOTO-OP---

The January 2006 issue of Vanity Fair includes the magazine's 2005 Best of the Best -- "Heroes! Winners! Guilty Pleasures!" -- feature. Among those honored are the cast of ABC's "Lost," chosen as "Best Find"; the cast of FX's "Nip/Tuck," chosen as "Best Lift"; and aging rockers Sir Bob Geldof and Bono, chosen as "Best Ambassadors." But the choice that catches the eye -- and the breath -- is in the "Best Stand" category. In a two-page spread, winner Cindy Sheehan is photographed lying full length in the grass at her son Casey's grave at the Vacaville-Elimira Cemetery in Vacaville, California:
Follow the link to see an incredibly classless photograph of Sheehan, dressed all in black (except for her gray running shoes), lying on Casey's grave. She looks like she's dressed to go running and is about to stretch.

Jonah Goldberg posted this:

WOW!---

That may be the most shameless, exploitative stunt of the decade. I don't particularly blame Vanity Fair since they have a minor journalistic obligation to let public figures make asses of themselves. But you would think the left would have learned after the Wilson-Plame photoshoot that if Vanity Fair wants to take your picture in a dramatic way, the smart play is to offer a polite "no thank you." Conservatives learned this about the New York Times magazine years ago.