A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Tuesday, December 13, 2005

That's an Interesting Headline

AP: Williams' Death Doesn't End Debate on Life

Now, the article focuses entirely on Williams' execution and the whole uproar over the consequences of his actions (without using those words, of course).

The headline, though, is interestingly written. Is it talking about Williams' life? Life in general? Whether it is ok to end life?

The question is an important one. We, as Conservatives, choose to honor Life by standing up for the pre-born (who liberals abort), the elderly and the ill (who liberals euthanize), and the oppressed (who liberals would rather leave under the boots of their oppressors.

Liberals, on the other hand, only choose to honor life when it concerns terrorists, tyrants, criminals, and founders of violent and wicked gangs.

We fight for the innocent. They fight for the guilty.

The headline is right in that it acknowledges there is a debate about Life. Unfortunately, it is talking only about the Life of a man who has caused much, much violence and evil and grief. A pity the MSM won't talk about those who really deserve their lives.