A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Remembering Pearl Harbor

Today marks the 64th Anniversary of the day the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor. We suffered 2,403 dead, 1,178 military and civilian wounded, 21 ships sunk or damaged, 188 planes destroyed and 159 damaged.

For more information on Pearl Harbor:

US Naval History: The Pearl Harbor Attack, 7 December 1941, which has lots of great information, including action reports, oral histories, survivor reports, medical reports, cryptology history, photographs, and more.

National Geographic: Remembering Pearl Harbor, which features a searchable archive of survivor's stories, multimedia maps and timelines, and more history.

Pearl Harbor: Remembered, which includes visitor's center information, maps, remembrances, links, live video feed from Pearl Harbor, and audio from the time (including FDR's speech) and more.

USS Arizona Memorial

U of A's USS Arizona Page