A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Monday, November 07, 2005

Saddam Calls Democrats to Testify on His Behalf

Why shouldn't he? They have already made his case for him.

Rush Limbaugh: Saddam Hussein's Defense Speech: "Bush Lied and I Want My Country Back."---

RUSH: I've been thinking about something. Ever since Friday night, Saturday, I've been thinking about this, and I don't know where the germination of the idea came from, but wherever it came from, it's a good one. If I were Saddam Hussein, I would demand that my trial be postponed on this basis:

    • The honorable Senate Democrats in the United States are doing an honorable investigation to find out exactly what happened to cause me to lose my country, and until these honorable Senate Democrats in the United States get every one of their questions answered about the manipulation and the distortion of the intelligence -- and of course all of the lies about my having weapons of mass destruction; all this before my country was invaded -- I can't get a fair trial, until all these questions are answered by the Senate Democrats. And after these Senate Democrats get the answers that we all know are out there, I, Saddam Hussein, would argue that I never had any weapons of mass destruction, and whatever bad intelligence was generated by a cowboy, fratboy president and his indicted staff, who have poisoned world opinion about me and my government, and as such, I can't get a fair trial anywhere -- and I want my country back. I'm going to make this trial about George W. Bush, and I'm going to be calling as witnesses people like Dick Durbin and Ted Kennedy. I'm going to call Chuck Schumer.
Read the rest and listen to the audio.