A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Monday, November 07, 2005

France Burns: Blame Bush!

Rush has a great monologue from today titled Muslim Riots in France? Blame Bush!---

RUSH: As for this stuff in Paris, look, there's a lot going on here. Among the things going on, copycat rioters around Europe are springing up as well. Now, I think that some of these copycats are not just copycats. Who is it? Newsweek magazine has a story, "Will the riots swell the ranks of jihadists in Europe?" Swell the ranks? Will the riots swell the ranks of jihadists in Europe? They don't need to be swelled; they're plenty stocked as it is. That's not the right question. Will these riots inspire more riots by the jihadists in Europe? One of the dirty little secrets is -- what, they're burning a thousand cars a night or 1,400 cars a night now? The riots have spread to within the city limits of Paris, and the fires are raging, and the French, the good old French, the cops are still ordered not to shoot back. It's just a question of how long it's going to be before the French surrender.

Before this, in these little poor neighborhoods, there was I think the story is a hundred cars a night being burned. You stop, for how long, it wouldn't take long to go through every car in a neighborhood if you're burning a hundred of them a night. These are the suburbs, there are 20 suburbs around Paris. Here's another dirty little secret. Can you tell me, ladies and gentlemen, after Israel and the United States, the nation in the world with the largest Jewish population? It is France. It is no accident that these militant Islamists, many of them from Africa, Algeria, are emigrating to France. It's easy to have schadenfreude here. (Schadenfreude: taking pleasure in the misery of others, taking delight in the misery of others.)
Read the rest.

Welcome MSNBC Blog Talk readers! I hope you have a look around!