A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Friday, November 04, 2005

Already Was President

AP: Clinton: Hillary Would Be Better President---

Former President Clinton said in an interview Friday that he believes his wife would do a better job than he did in the nation's highest office.

New York Sen. Hillary Clinton has not said whether she plans to run in Nonetheless, her husband told Israel's Channel Two television that her experience as first lady would help make her a strong president.

"In some ways she would be (better) because of what we did together," he said from New York. "First, she has the Senate experience I didn't have. Second, she would have had the eight years in the White House."

"I think she wouldn't make as many mistakes because, you know, we're older and more mature, and she is far more experienced now in all the relevant ways than I was when I took office," he added. "So I think in a way she has the best of both worlds."
We already had President Hill, when Bill was officially president. And that didn't turn out very well.

Remember the health care plan and all the scandals and all the excessive traveling?

No thanks!