A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Sunday, October 02, 2005

Things We have learned from watching the news about Hurricane Katrina

Lady Lori sent me this awhile back, but hasn't had time to post it. She's very busy with school! So, I'm posting it for her. :)

Things We have learned from watching the news about Hurricane Katrina

1. The hurricane only hit black family properties.

2. New Orleans was devastated and no other city was affected by the hurricane.

3. Mississippi is reported to have a tree blown down.

4. New Orleans has no white people.

5. The hurricane blew a limb off a tree in the yard of an Alabama resident.

6. When you are hungry after a hurricane steal a big screen TV and Nike footwear.

7. The hurricane did 23 billion dollars in improvements to New Orleans, and now the city has no welfare recipients, looters, or gangs; they have all moved to Browns Mills, NJ.

8. White folks don't make good news stories.

9. Don't give thanks to the thousands that came to help rescue you, instead gripe because the government hasn't given you a money or a debit card yet.

10. Only black family members got separated in the hurricane rescue efforts.

11. Ignore warnings to evacuate and the well-to-do folks will come get you and give you money for endangering your own life and waiting for your rescue.

12. Oh, and it is all George Bush's fault.