A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Sunday, October 02, 2005

A Question About Trafalgar Square

My friend Nick, at Observant Observations has an excellent post about Trafalgar Square.

It is entitled Whose History Should Trafalgar Square Honor?.

Apparently, some Libs over in England want to add a statue of Nelson Mandela to Trafalgar Square.

Trafalgar Square honors the memory of one of my heroes, Horatio, Admiral Lord Nelson, who gave his life at the Battle of Trafalgar, 21 October 1805.

London Mayor Ken Livingstone is an idiot.

Head over to Observant Observations and read the whole story.

In three weeks we will celebrate the 200th Anniversary of the Battle of Trafalgar, which effectively ended the French Navy's power during the Napoleonic Wars.

Unfortunately, silly Liberals decided the re-enactment should feature the "red navy" vs. the "blue navy," so as not to hurt the feelings of the French.

It should be noted that the FRENCH LOST!!!! It's too late to change that!

Read my post on this outrage here.