A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Thursday, September 15, 2005

I Pledge Allegiance . . .

My father sent me an e-mail containing a link to a recording of the famous old comedian, Red Skelton.

It is a recording from one of Red's shows, made in 1969. You can read a little more about it here.

In the recording, Red talks about the Pledge of Allegiance. He explains what each word stands for.

You can hear the recording here. Listen to the whole thing and follow along with the words on the screen. At the end, Red asks an important question about the Pledge of Allegiance. It is especially relevant now, when activist judges are ruling that the Pledge of Allegiance is unconstitutional.

To read the history of the Pledge of Allegiance, please visit here.

And also ask yourself, why are these words (merely words) so offensive to the Left? I would say it is because the Left truly hates everything America stands and everything America stands for is so wonderfully described in the Pledge. They prefer terms like diversity and tolerance and equity and social justice and other PC words. They don't like the idea of pledging allegiance to America because they believe America is bad and evil.

I prefer the Pledge of Allegiance:

I pledge allegiance to the Flag
of the United States of America,
and to the Republic for which it stands:
one Nation under God, indivisible,
With Liberty and Justice for all.
Please take a moment to visit PatriotDrive.org and Pledge your Allegiance.