A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Thursday, August 25, 2005

I need a Ioan-Fix

Tonight I'm feeling rather sad about my dog, Dani, who has cancer. I wrote about it here.

We have an appointment with the vet who specializes in this next week (which cannot come fast enough). The cool thing is that Dr. Wood was our first dog's vet and Dani's vet when Dani was a puppy. Dr. Wood decided to specialize in this sort of thing, so we found another vet. Now, we come full circle.

So, since I am feeling upset, I've decided I need a Ioan-Fix.

For those of you who don't know, Ioan Gruffudd (Yo-awn Griffith) is my favorite actor. He plays Horatio Hornblower in the films of the same name, was adorable with dogs in 102 Dalmatians, played Lancelot in King Arthur, and is currently starring as Mr. Fantastic in Fantastic Four.

To cheer myself up, I'm going to post a fabulous picture of Ioan. If you want to find this one and more, visit the fabulous site of Ioan Online. If you aren't a fan, or are an American guy, just skip this post!