A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Monday, August 08, 2005

Delayed Return

Yahoo News: Weather Forces NASA to Delay Landing---

SPACE CENTER, Houston - After orbiting the Earth for nearly two weeks, astronauts aboard space shuttle Discovery were told to circle the planet for another day as bad weather in Florida forced NASA to delay Monday's scheduled landing.

The astronauts had powered up their spacecraft and were awaiting word from Mission Control to fire their braking rockets and head for home when controllers announced early Monday that low clouds over Cape Canaveral would postpone the landing.

When clouds still threatened after the second of two opportunities, NASA officials rescheduled the landing for Tuesday.

"We just can't get comfortable with the stability of the situation for this particular opportunity, so we are going to officially wave you off for 24 hours," Mission Control radioed Discovery commander Eileen Collins.

Florida's Kennedy Space Center will remain the first choice, although similar weather is expected for Tuesday. Flight director LeRoy Cain said if the weather is unacceptable, then he will direct Discovery to Edwards Air Force Base in California and, barring that, to the White Sands Missile Range in New Mexico