A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Monday, July 11, 2005

"We are trying to decide what our core values are."

The most provocative question was the first."I see a Democratic Party afraid to say they're Democrats, who voted for the war in Iraq and voted for tax cuts for the wealthy," said Glenn Anderson of Orlando. "Why should I remain a Democrat?"

It was a tough question. But Nelson and Obama tried to answer it.

"The Democrats at times have lost their way," conceded Obama. "We are trying to decide what our core values are."

The criterion for judging the party isn't whether it's to the left or right, "but are we true to our core values," he said. Nobody defined core values. (my emphasis added)

No wonder they have lost the last three elections (2000, 2002, 2004). They have no idea what they believe in. The Democratic Party is made up of so many splinter groups, all with their own agendas, beliefs, and desires, that there is no longer a central party. They have almost every kind of wacko imaginable, but there are no core values.

More to the point, how can one call being pro-abortion, pro-gay marriage, pro-whatever you want (except traditional religious beliefs) values? Those do not sound like values to me. Those sound like moral relativism and evil.