A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Thursday, July 21, 2005

Stop the ACLU Thursday















This is a great editorial cartoon, being used over at the Stop the ACLU website. Essentially, the problem I have with the ACLU is laid out in that cartoon.

The ACLU does not care about Americans. The ACLU cares about allowing pedophiles, child molesters, terrorists, religion-haters (except for those who think Islamo-Fascists are evil and need to be obliterated), criminals, and the like.

What is an organization that supposedly protects American Civil Liberties doing by protecting cowardly, sniveling men who want to blow us up?

Why does the ACLU always seem to side with the pedophiles, criminals, and terrorists, rather than with the children, victims of crime and police officers, and those trying to protect us from said cowardly, sniveling men?

The ACLU and groups like the ACLU consistently, purposefully resist the government's efforts to protect us from more planes flying into skyscrapers, consistently, purposefully resist efforts to protect children from evil men (and some women) who perpetrate the most awful attacks on children, and consistently, purposefully resist efforts to allow police officers to put people who hurt us or break laws in jail.

This would be a longer "rant," but I've just got back from basically a week away from home and I'm exhausted.

Check out the post at Stop the ACLU.