A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Tuesday, July 05, 2005

The Heroine Waitress

Take a look at this post at "Clayton Cramer's Blog" (hat tip: Michelle Malkin.).

Amber Deahn is the waitress who helped little Shasta Groene out at Denny's the other day (My post here.)

Clayton has a fabulous idea:
There is at least one person who deserves more than her picture in the paper, and that's Amber Deahn. She's a waitress. I rather suspect that she doesn't make an huge amount of money doing that--maybe $8 an hour with tips? I'm going to write out a check to Amber Deahn, and mail it to her in care of her employer:

Denny's
2300 N 4th St.
Coeur D'Alene, ID 83814

This is a hint to the rest of you. I suspect that if 10% of my readers could send her $10 or $20 each, it would probably help wipe out some credit card debt, let her go out to a nice dinner, and put a little money into savings. Can you think of anyone who deserves it more today?