A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Friday, July 22, 2005

Government Sponsored Leftist Art

Californian's Tax Dollars at Work!

Take a look at this display of hateful, anti-American artwork, such as this:




And according to the article at Move America Forward,

Attorney General Bill Lockyer is an official sponsor of this disgusting display of anti-American, anti-military and anti-Semitic “art,” according to a press release issued on July 12, 2005 by the California Arts Council (a taxpayer-funded entity).

The news release quotes Lockyer as saying:

“It is an honor to co-host this powerful exhibit and display the talent of our legal community,” Lockyer said. “Creative expression stimulates freedom of thought, appreciation for diversity and opens new windows onto the world in which we live. The collected works of these fine artists – and lawyers – achieve these worthwhile objectives with style and beauty.”

Oh, of course! Tonight on Fox News' "Hannity & Colmes," Rich Lowry filled in as co-host for Sean Hannity. Some dumb lawyer from some California Lawyers' Association was on defending the right to have such a show, in the Attorney General's office. He was, of course, a complete idiot (do forgive me--his name escapes me).

Rich asked him, basically, would it be alright to have a racist picture in an art display there? Or how about a painting of the Quran in the toilet, like this one shows America and the Flag in the toilet?

The dumb lawyer (but I repeat myself) answered that it would depend, on whether people would be offended by it. If people would be, then it should not be there.

Rich pressed him on it, saying, basically, this picture offends patriotic Americans. So, it is ok to have a double standard?

Of course it is alright to offend patriotic Americans, but never alright to offend Leftist Americans. I am tired of Liberal government hacks using taxpayer money to support their Lefty crap.


Here is AG Bill Lockyer's official website.

Here is where you can let him know what you think about government sponsorship of anti-American hate.