A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Friday, July 22, 2005

"Tom Tancredo Eyes White House Run"

I would be so happy!

DENVER - Tom Tancredo has been called a one-trick pony of a politician, a man out of step with his party, a bigot. The Republican congressman vehemently opposes illegal immigration, and he created an uproar last week when he talked about nuking Muslim holy sites.

No matter, Tancredo is pressing on and even hinting at a long-shot presidential bid in 2008.

Tancredo has already visited New Hampshire and Iowa this year, and says he found a welcome audience among voters who are fed up with the nation's immigration policies, including proposals by President Bush.

"Unless I misread the political tea leaves, there is a great deal of support for what I say," Tancredo said.

Tancredo raised eyebrows last week by telling a radio talk show host that "you could take out" Islamic holy sites should terrorists ever launch a nuclear attack against the United States.

"You're talking about bombing Mecca," asked the host.

"Yeah," Tancredo responded, saying he was "just throwing out some ideas." He later said his comments were taken out of context and refused to apologize.
I would work for him. The Illegal Alien Invasion is one of my biggest issues. Mr. Tancredo actually cares about this and wants to put a stop to this unlawful invasion of our sovereign soil.

And, for goodness sake! If the terrorists ever launch a nuclear attack against us, I should hope we would bomb the hell out of Mecca, literally. What else should we do? Invite them for tea?