A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Pull out of Iraq?

This is from an e-mail that has made the rounds.

Pull out of Iraq?

Perhaps the U.S. should pull out of Chicago?


Body Count In the last six months:
292 Americans killed (murdered) in Chicago;
221 Americans killed in Iraq .


Who Runs Chicago?
Senators: Barack Obama & Dick Durbin
Rep: Jesse Jackson Jr.
Illinois Gov: Rod Blogojevich,
Illinois House leader: Mike Madigan,
Illinois Atty. Gen: Lisa Madigan (daughter of Mike),
Chicago Mayor: Richard M. Daley (son of Mayor Richard J.Daley)
....our leadership in Illinois .....all Democrats!!

Can't blame Republicans; because there aren't any!!!

State pension fund $44 Billion in debt, worst in country.

Although, Cook County (Chicago) sales tax is 10.25% (highest in country).
(Look it up if you want)

Chicago school system is rated one of the worst in the country.

Summary:
This is the political culture that Obama comes from in Illinois .

And he's gonna 'fix' Washington politics for us?

Wake Up America!

Labels: , , ,