A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Matt Damon's an IDIOT

I came across this over at Hot Air:



What an elitist jerk. He fails to understand that the people who spend all that money on his silly little films are just like Sarah Palin: hardworking, honest, middle-class Americans who like to hunt, live in small towns, and do their best. Arrogant ass. And to belittle her intelligence, her abilities, and her origins . . . not very tolerant and open-minded, is he? (But that's liberals for you.)

I've never understood why anyone thinks Matt Damon is a good actor. He's nothing (not even a pretty face, honestly). And he doesn't do a very good job in this little hit piece.

Why exactly should anyone care what he thinks about the Vice-Presidential candidate for GOP? What are his qualifications? Has he ever been in charge of anything?

I am so sick of Hollywood idiots thinking they know everything and we peons just need to follow their directions.

As Katharine Hepburn said, "Acting is the most minor of gifts and not a very high-class way to earn a living. After all, Shirley Temple could do it at the age of four."

Labels: , , , , ,