A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Monday, July 16, 2007

Searching for Madeleine McCann

I am a huge Harry Potter fan (can you believe Book 7, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, comes out at midnight on 20 July 2007????) and so I am glad to see this from author J.K. Rowling. It is fabulous of her to use her publicity for others. I hope the authorities are able to find this little girl.

AP: Rowling backs search for missing girl---

LONDON - J.K. Rowling is asking booksellers around the world to publicize the plight of missing British girl Madeleine McCann when they sell the new Harry Potter book this week.

Rowling's 65 publishers in more than 200 territories will distribute a poster of Madeleine, who has been missing for more than two months, to stores selling "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows," public relations firm Colman Getty said Monday.

In a statement, Rowling said she was asking stores to display the poster, which will include the Web address of the International Centre for Missing and Exploited Children.

"I fervently hope that posters displayed prominently in shops all over the world when the new book comes out will help find Madeleine McCann and will raise the profile of the many other missing children in different countries," Rowling said.
McCann disappeared from "Praia da Luz, a resort town in Portugal's Algarve region," on May 3. Rowling has "pledged several hundred thousand dollars to a reward for Madeleine's safe return."

You will find a picture of the missing 4-year-old here. Can you imagine being kidnapped at 4-years-old? It would be so frightening. Say some prayers for the McCann family and for all families who are missing loved ones.

Labels: ,