A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Sunday, July 29, 2007

Congrats, Cal & Tony!

Two of my favorite baseball greats, Cal Ripken, Jr., and Tony Gwynn, were inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame today:

Ripken will go down as the game's "Iron Man" after playing in 2,632 straight games between 1982 and 1998 for the Baltimore Orioles. He retired in 2002 as one of seven players in major league history with more than 400 home runs and 3,000 hits. He won two MVP awards and was named to the All-Star team an American League record 19 times.

Gwynn, who played 20 seasons with the San Diego Padres, enters the hall as one of the game's greatest contact hitters. He racked up 3,141 hits over his 20-year career, winning eight National League batting titles. He had a career .338 average.

Congratulations, Cal and Tony!

Photo: AP

Labels: ,