A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Imagine What Would Happen . . .

. . . if diplomatic emissaries all went by the Prague Document.

Imagine the free nations of the world banding together in such a simple, but effective way.

Imagine the pressure that we would all be placing on non-democratic governments.

Imagine their annoyance at our constant reminders of democracy and freedom . . . and the lack of both in their nations.

Imagine how we could light a fire underneath all the oppressed peoples of the world. They would see that we mean business and are with them.

Imagine the oppressed of the world rising up and seeking freedom and democracy.

Imagine. Forget John Lennon. Imagine the world if we all lived this document.

You can read the entire thing here (it isn't very long, at all).

Let's do it. Imagine what the world would be like . . .

Labels: , , ,