A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Monday, July 17, 2006

Refreshing Words

Frankly, we should all be using stronger language to describe terrorist groups like Hezbollah and al Qaeda than this.

Way to go, President Bush!

From al-Reuters:

Bush was talking privately to British Prime Minister Tony Blair during a lunch at the Group of Eight summit in St Petersburg about an upsurge of violence in the Middle East, not realizing a microphone was recording what he said.

"I think Condi (Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice) is going to go pretty soon," Bush said.

Blair replied: "Right, that's all that matters, it will take some time to get that together."

The two leaders also referred to an offer by Blair to help. Blair said Rice has "got to succeed" if she goes out to the region.

Bush replied: "What they need to do it to get Syria to get Hezbollah to stop doing this shit." Shortly afterwards Blair noticed the microphone and hastily switched it off, but not before the recording had reached news media.
Now, normally, I am not a fan of bad language (what lady is?), but I completely approve in this instance (note that I am even leaving the word as it was said, rather than changing it to s*^%).

It is time we took off the kid gloves (oops, PETA-heads better not read that) and stopped treating terrorists like the Queen Mum. They cut off the heads of captives and the MSM says, "President Bush is to blame. He's the reason these people are dead." When President Bush says one itty bitty swear word, he's suddenly created a national crisis. Why isn't cutting off the heads of innocent civilians worthy of international scorn and anger? Why doesn't cutting off the heads of innocent civilians cause the world to take up arms, to hunt down these cowardly beasts and string them up high?

Slick Willie Clinton has an affair with a young intern IN THE OVAL OFFICE and President Bush saying s*^% is worse? I don't think so.

I think it is refreshing to have a man who says what he means and means what he says after the obfuscating and prevaricating of Bill and Hill Clinton.

So, like President Bush, we all ought to laugh and say "amen!" And, then, get down to business and beat the hell out of the terrorists.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,