A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Friday, April 14, 2006

Stations of the Cross

I attended Catholic Grade School. On Good Friday, we always got out of school at Noon.

But, before that, we all participated in a living Stations of the Cross. Each class would have one or two of the stations assigned. A group from each class would perform the stations. Each station would be performed some where around the school or the playground, finishing up at the church six blocks away. Those not participating would go, by class, to each station, until the whole school (all 250 total) was at the church.

It was a beautiful way to remember Christ's walk to His death.

I can still hear children reciting:

Leader: We adore you, O Christ, and we praise you.
All: Because by your holy cross You have redeemed the world.
You can pray the Stations of the Cross here.

I will post some later.

Technorati Tags: , , ,