A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Monday, February 06, 2006

Squeeze Them!

Without proper Defense, we have no need for government programs. Without a well-trained, well-armed, well-funded military, we won't need (overly) well-funded schools, social programs, and all the rest. We will be dead or enslaved or over-run with foreigners.

Is this so difficult to figure out?

Squeeze the other programs dry, especially ones not given to the government by the Constitution. They are completely unnecessary and ought to be funded privately or by state and local governments, at the discretion of We the People.

AP: Bush's $2.77 Trillion Budget Favors Defense---

WASHINGTON - President Bush sent Congress a $2.77 trillion spending plan on Monday that would bolster the nation's war against terrorism but squeeze many other government programs in an effort to deal with an exploding budget deficit projected to hit an all-time high this year.
---
My administration has focused the nation's resources on our highest priority — protecting our citizens and our homeland," Bush said in his budget message. "Working with Congress, we have given our men and women on the front lines in the war on terror the funding they need to defeat the enemy and detect, disrupt and dismantle terrorist plots and operations."
The MSM always sounds surprised that the Republicans want to spend so much on military and defense. Hello! Without it, the MSM couldn't write their scurrilous and fraudulent stories about the President: a fact they never seem to realize.