A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Temper, temper!

AP: Saddam Vows No Return to 'Unjust' Court---

BAGHDAD, Iraq - Saddam Hussein shouted Tuesday that he will not return "to an unjust court" when it convenes for a fifth session the following day. At the end of the session, when the judges decided to resume the trial Wednesday, Saddam suddenly shouted: "I will not return. I will not come to an unjust court! Go to hell!"

Saddam also complained that he had no fresh clothes and had been deprived of shower and exercise facilities. "This is terrorism," he said.

At that point, the audio was cut off to the media gallery and the curtain drawn so reporters could not tell what transpired afterward. It was not clear if the court would compel Saddam to attend. (emphasis added)
I daresay the Left would agree with Saddam's definition of terrorism. Those on the Left who actually shower (which would exclude the hippies), I mean. How dare he be allegedly deprived of fresh clothes. It's worse than depriving someone of his life without a fair and impartial trial . . . oh, wait, how many people did Saddam do that to?