A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Monday, November 21, 2005

"We disown him until judgment day."

From Jim Robbins, at The Corner:

DEAD OR ALIVE, UNWELCOME

For those interested in the full text of the letter to King Abdullah from the Al-Khalayilah/Bani Hasan tribes expelling Zarqawi, here it is:

"We pledge to uphold our allegiance to your throne and our beloved Jordan, and sacrifice what we hold dear for you. We clearly denounce all terrorist acts and operations claimed by the so-called Ahmad Fadil Nazzal al-Khalayilah, alias Abu-Mus'ab al-Zarqawi, and openly declare that we, the Al-Khalayilah tribesmen, disown him and renounce his actions, pronouncements, and whatever he approves of. Whoever dares to commit such acts in our exalted kingdom is not a Jordanian. He is not related to Jordan, has never drunk its water, or sought its shade, because a Jordanian does not aim his arrow at his own people. We disown him until judgment day."
I hear tell Zarqawi's spinmeisters are preparing a response asking "How dare you question my patriotism!"
I especially like Robbins' last line (in bold, my emphasis).

I also really like the last line of the letter to King Abdullah ("We disown him until judgment day."). We ought to use it around here.