A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Sunday, November 20, 2005

Indoctrinating Teenagers

On Thursday night, right before the Harry Potter movie started, we saw two propaganda commercials for the Left.

One was for The Edward R. Murrow School of Communication at Washington State University. It went on and on about how Murrow saved the US from the likes of Joe McCarthey and brought such integrity to journalism and stood up against the evils of the anti-Communists (well, essentially). It was complete Liberal rhetoric: half-truths and complete fabrications. I was disgusted. The first part of the commercial looked like a movie trailer for the George Clooney movie praising Murrow as though he were God, rather than a commercial for a state university.

The second commercial was for the TBS stupid show Earth to America, which aired earlier tonight, and showcased comedians in an effort to stop global warming (seriously). I'm not sure how that works, exactly. Does laughter erase the alleged affects of global warming? It also featured (not funny actor) Leonardo DiCaprio.

I found this with a bit of info about "Earth to America":

Earth to America! is a two-hour comedy special that celebrates life on Earth by taking aim at one of our planet's most serious problems: global warming.

Some of the world's funniest people will come together tonight at the first annual Comedy Festival for an evening of comedy and music designed to raise awareness about global warming.

Earth to America! will feature comedy luminaries such as Steve Martin, Robin Williams, Ray Romano, Martin Short, Ben Stiller and Jack Black, as well as Tom Hanks, Robert Kennedy, Jr., and nearly a dozen others.

The program was created by Laurie David, wife of Larry David, star of Curb Your Enthusiasm and co-creator of Seinfeld.
So, were they making fun of global warming or . . .???

Of course, Laurie David, who is famous for being the wife of a (I suppose) famous person, writes over at Huff Puff (and here).

It really made me sick to see two such lying Liberal commercials on before Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. We were there to enjoy an excellent movie, not listen to Liberals make things up. If we wanted that, we'd have gone to see George Clooney's silly movie.