A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Survivor: Montana

My grandfather sent me this in an e-mail:
Montana Style Survivor

Due to the popularity of the Survivor's shows, Central Montana is planning to do its own, titled "Survivor -Montana Style."

The contestants will start in Billings, travel over to Bozeman and on to Butte. Then they will head north to Helena, Great Falls, Conrad and Shelby.

From there they will proceed east to Havre and Malta. Then they will go south to Grassrange and Roundup and the final leg will be back to Billings.

Each will be driving a pink Volvo with California license plates and a large bumper sticker that reads: "I'm gay. I'm a Vegetarian. Beer is harmful to your health. Republicans suck. Hillary in 2008. Deer hunting is murder, and I'm here to confiscate your guns."

The first one that makes it back to Billings alive wins. Good luck to all contestants.