A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Wednesday, November 23, 2005

More on "X-Gate"?

Over at JackLewis.net, Danny Carlton has posted on the CNN X-Affair. You can read his perspective (he has done lots of work in broadcasting) here.

Here is an excerpt:

I've seen some people claiming a person would have had to have intentionally put that on the air. I can assure you that stuff like that can and does happen in spite of the best intentions of the technical people to keep it from happening. My guess is that while one technical person was cueing up the tape, another inadvertently put the key (the superimposing of the image on the tape) over the live shot. Now, I don't buy CNN's excuse that it was a "technical" problem, because to me it looks like someone simply screwed up. And while mistakes do happen, a place as big as CNN can darn well insist that they never happen, and would more than likely fire whoever screwed up (which may be why the technical people are telling the suits that a machine did it).