A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Friday, November 11, 2005

If the Sheet Fits . . .

Should the party that houses Robert "Sheets" Byrd really complain about something like this?

AP: Mass. Democrats Angered by 'KKK' Joke---


BOSTON - Gov. Mitt Romney was introduced at a Washington luncheon as the head of a state run by the "modern-day KKK ... the Kennedy-Kerry Klan," drawing rebukes from Democrats and Romney himself.

The comment was made by Gerald Walpin, a New Yorker who is a board member at the conservative law group the Federalist Society, where Romney spoke Thursday.

"Today when most of the country thinks of who controls Massachusetts, I think the modern-day KKK comes to mind — the Kennedy-Kerry Klan," Walpin said, according to Keith Appell, a GOP consultant who works for the Federalist Society.
I did a search on Yahoo for Robert "Sheets" Byrd, and here are the first 2 of the 370,000 results I got:

1. Senator Robert C. Byrd
official site for the Democratic senator from West Virginia.
Category: West Virginia > Senator Robert C. Byrd
byrd.senate.gov

2. Wikipedia: Robert Byrd
hyperlinked biography of the U.S. Senator from West Virginia. Byrd is the oldest member of the congress and has served in the Senate since 1959.
Category: West Virginia > Senator Robert C. Byrd
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Byrd

The Democrats were the party of Segregation, not the Republicans. It was a Republican President who waged the War Between the States. People like Strom Thurmond, who were segregationists, were DEMOCRATS at the time.

If the Sheet fits . . .