A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Saturday, October 08, 2005

What an honor!

Apparently, approving of your husband's philandering, lying ways, joining in various illegal schemes and nefarious deeds, and stealing furniture from the White House is enough to get you inducted into the "Women's Hall of Fame." Whoo hoo!

Actually, when I first read this headline, I thought it was for Bill. That would be funny.

AP: Clinton Inducted Into Women's Hall of Fame---

SENECA FALLS, N.Y. - Inspired by Alan Shepard, the first American to journey into space, a 14-year-old from suburban Chicago wrote a letter to NASA in 1961 asking what she needed to do to become an astronaut. She got a curt reply: Girls are not being recruited by the nation's space program.

"It had never crossed my mind up until that point that there might be doors closed to me simply because I was a girl," recalled the letter writer, better known today as Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, as she was enshrined Saturday in the National Women's Hall of Fame, along with nine other inductees.
Would that she had gone into NASA. Perhaps then we wouldn't have had the Clinton Presidency (her and Bill's)
"I don't think there has ever been a better time to be a woman than in the United States of America in the 21st century," Clinton said in an interview.
That's funny, because to hear Libs tell it, women are oppressed, subjugated, made to feel inferior to men, held down by glass ceilings, harassed, victims, discriminated against, held down, abused, exploited, persecuted by men, tyrannized, enslaved, restricted, etc., etc., etc.