A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Wednesday, October 12, 2005

We Stick Together!

Always nice to see two blowhard senators from the same state sticking together.

AP: Kennedy: I'll Support Kerry in 2008 Race---

BOSTON - Sen. Edward Kennedy said Wednesday he would back fellow Massachusetts Sen. John Kerry for the Democratic presidential nomination in 2008 — even if Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton also pursues a White House bid.

"If he runs, I would support him," Kennedy told The Associated Press in an interview at his Boston office.

While Kennedy has frequently entertained the New York senator and her husband, former President Clinton, he said his loyalty is to Kerry. Early polling shows Clinton and Kerry among the favorites for their party's nomination in 2008, but neither has said for sure whether they'll run.

Kennedy called Kerry, the 2004 nominee, an "able, gifted and talented political leader."

He criticized President Bush's leadership and said of the American people: "Every day, I think they regret that John wasn't elected."
Actually, I thank God every day that John Kerry lost the election. And I'm thinking about throwing an anniversary party of the date on 2 November. Wouldn't that be fun? ;)

"We haven't had accountability and we haven't had real leadership in dealing with these issues and problems," he said, "and that's what I hear more than anything else."
I'm sure Teddy hears lots of complaints about his lack of accountability and leadership. Unfortunately, he doesn't seem to heed them. He's as arrogant and inept as always.

The White House had no immediate comment.

There was friction between Kennedy and Kerry in 2000, when Kennedy appeared to favor then-Sen. John Edwards as Al Gore's running mate, even though Kerry was also under consideration. Yet Kennedy campaigned vigorously for Kerry last year, especially before the candidate staged a come-from-behind victory in the Iowa caucuses.
Let's see how long this lasts. If polls come out with Hill in the lead, Teddy will probably back her because he has to "do what's best for the party."

And we all know Democrats have no loyalty.