A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Monday, October 10, 2005

King of the R.I.N.O.s

Who does he think will vote for him?

AP: McCain Considers '08 Presidential Run---

NEW YORK - Arizona Sen. John McCain is considering a 2008 run for president but says it's unlikely he'd take the No. 2 spot.

In an appearance Sunday at a fund-raiser for a local New York candidate, the Republican seemed to humorously rule out ever accepting a vice presidential post.

"I spent all those years in a North Vietnamese prison camp, kept in the dark, fed scraps, why the hell would I want to do that all over again?" he said, the New York Daily News reported in Monday editions.

McCain, who ran for president in 2000, was re-elected to a six-year Senate term in 2004.

He told the newspaper that he was seriously considering a 2008 bid. As he has before, McCain said he will wait until after the 2006 election to decide about his political future.

I don't like R.I.N.O.s and he is their king. Yes, he is a war hero and former P.O.W., but he has been honored for that. His "maverick" behavior hasn't won him any truly Conservative fans, and nor has his constant befriending of big-time Libs.

If I wanted to vote for a Democrat, I would. I don't need one masquerading as a Republican.