A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Sunday, October 09, 2005

Annapolis

My sister and I went to a movie tonight and saw a trailer for a movie called Annapolis, which takes place at the United States Naval Academy.

It looked excellent.

Here is the synopsis from the official site, which you can find here:

When he won a coveted admission spot to the Naval Academy at Annapolis, local kid, Jake Huard (James Franco, "James Dean") thought his dreams had come true-but his battle to become the man he wants to be is only just the beginning.
On the official site you can also view the trailer and a photo gallery.

More info here and here.

The movie comes out 27 January 2006.

James Franco was excellent in The Great Raid. I'm sure he'll do a great job in this too.