A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Sunday, October 02, 2005

A Fake Debate (No Al Gore though)

IMDB.com---

'The West Wing' Set To Go Live with Presidential Debate

Hit political drama The West Wing is set to go live in November, with a presidential debate between Alan Alda and Jimmy Smits. Smits, who plays Democratic presidential candidate Matt Santos on the show, is gearing up for a televised debate between his character and Alda's Republican Senator Arnold Vinick. And while bosses of the show have yet to confirm the plans, Alda and Smits are very enthusiastic about it.

Alda says, "I love that sense of danger. The only training I had as an actor was as an improviser. It kind of fits with my aspiration to be as spontaneous as I can be. In fact, when I was a young man on the stage, if another actor missed an entrance and I was alone on stage, I thought, 'Oh boy, is this great? I can make up my own play now!' So the opportunity to do a presidential debate, although it's scripted, it'll be live, and there'll be a certain amount of uncertainty - my blood is up for that."
I saw one episode of this show and thought it was really boring. Plus, a Dem version of how the White House ought to be really isn't something I want to waste my time watching.

I really don't care to see actors pretend to debate. I daresay the debate will contain Liberal opinions and "how Liberals see Republican opinions." This is "The West Wing," after all, not the real West Wing and not a real debate.