A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Sunday, October 23, 2005

Equal Treatment Under the Law

Hate-mongers like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton often complain that there are more black and minority men in prison than white men because of racism.

I would like to complain that there are more men in prison than women. Statistics

Really, we have a very sexist law-enforcement environment. They only arrest men!

If we are going to complain about higher percentages of minorities being arrested (which they ought to be if they commit crimes, as anyone who commits a crime ought to be, according to the laws!), then we should also complain about the vastly higher percentage of men arrested.

After all, if we are going to be a completely fair and equal society, we ought to have equal percentages of men and women in prison.

So, I advocate we begin arresting more women. Putting lipstick on in the car while driving: arrest. Yelling at a child in public: arrest. Having silly hairdos: arrest. Wearing low cut clothing: arrest. Taking too long in the grocery line because chatting with another woman: arrest. And on and on and on.

And guess what, a new study shows an upswing in the arrests of women.

This is great news and excellent progress towards equal treatment under the law.