A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Another Reason Not to Watch This Show

AP: Albright to Guest Star on 'Gilmore Girls'---

NEW YORK - Former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright temporarily traded in her diplomatic duties for a guest appearance on the WB series "Gilmore Girls."

Albright, secretary of state under President Clinton, filmed her scene Sept. 30 with actress Alexis Bledel, who plays Rory Gilmore. The episode revolves around the ongoing estrangement between Rory and her mother, Lorelai Gilmore (Lauren Graham).

"I am a big fan of 'Gilmore Girls' and I had a great time," Albright said in a statement Tuesday. "It was an opportunity to do something different for a quick minute, and I learned how hard it is to memorize those lines."
I wouldn't have thought learning lines would be difficult for Madelein, as she has always appeared so competent at it before.

"If you think she's seems brilliant and sassy strutting around the Middle East, you should try talking to her in person," Executive Producer Amy Sherman-Palladino said in a statement. "We are very honored, very lucky, and soooo not worthy."
I soooo don't think so!