A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Thursday, September 01, 2005

Wow! Big spenders!

Yahoo News: Diddy, Jay-Z, Cage Donate to Aid Relief---

NEW YORK - Sean "Diddy" Combs and Jay-Z have pledged $1 million to the American Red Cross to help victims of Hurricane Katrina.

NEW YORK - Sean "Diddy" Combs and Jay-Z have pledged $1 million to the American Red Cross to help victims of Hurricane Katrina.

The two rappers announced their joint donation Thursday, saying they hoped to inspire others, especially blacks, to give.

"This is our community," Shawn "Jay-Z" Carter, who is also president and CEO of the Def Jam record label, told The Associated Press by phone. "When I turn on CNN, I see a lot of black people on the streets. I know it's other people too, but those projects have been hit hard."

Combs agrees. "We are all descendants from each other's families. When you hear black people say `brothers' and `sisters,' it's really true. These are all people that I know I'm related to somehow, some way — the human race family."
Hmmm, I would think that 2 multi-millionaires like "Diddy" and "Jay-Z" could contribute a wee bit more than a measley $500,000 each. I'm sure "Diddy" drops that much on clothes every month. And it is very nice that they are so concerned about everyone who lost their homes and livelihoods in the hurrican---everyone who is black, at least. Imagine if the white supremacists (filthy creatures that they are) said they were donating money for the white people because all white people are somehow related. There would be more than a few cries of "racist."

Nicolas Cage is giving $1 million to the Red Cross. He's not just giving money to the Italian-American families of New Orleans.

And Celine Dion "and the partners of her Las Vegas show, 'A New Day'" are also giving $1 million to the Red Cross. Celine isn't even an American.

Come on, Hollywood! Where are the donations??? We've certainly donated to your pockets plenty!