A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Sunday, September 11, 2005

Justified Anger or Have You Forgotten?

On the evening of 9/11/01, my parents, sister, and I went to Mass at 8pm at St. Aloysius Church. After Mass, we walked down to Gonzaga's Crosby Student Building, where a vigil was scheduled to take place.

I was hoping it would be a good vigil, full of love for America and righteous anger to find whoever had done this and make them pay. Silly hope to have for a vigil taking place on a college campus.

Instead of patriotism and righteousness, I listened to the usual Liberal lies and rhetoric about how America is wrong. How we mustn't rush to judgment or go after people. How we should seek diversity and be tolerant.

This was on the evening of September 11, 2001. About twelve hours after those evil terrorist cowards murdered thousands of Americans and other innocent people. Remember, at the time, no one knew how many people were dead at the World Trade Center. I remember that in the morning people had been saying that as many as 50,000 could be dead. Later estimates included 20,000. We didn't know the numbers. The ruins were still burning. Dust was still flying. People were still sobbing uncontrollably. We had just been attacked.

I was so angry.

A few years or so later, another of my favorite country singers, Darryl Worley, wrote a song that says everything I felt about that.

And now, four years after 9/11, Liberals seem to have forgotten what happened.

You can view the video here.

Here are the lyrics:
Have You Forgotten
Darryl Worley
Written by Darryl Worley and Wynn Varble

I hear people saying we don't need this war
I say there's some things worth fighting for
What about our freedom and this piece of ground?
We didn't get to keep 'em by backing down
They say we don't realize the mess we're getting in
Before you start preaching
Let me ask you this my friend

CHORUS 1
Have you forgotten how it felt that day
To see your homeland under fire
And her people blown away?
Have you forgotten when those towers fell?
We had neighbors still inside
Going through a living hell
And you say we shouldn't worry 'bout Bin Laden
Have you forgotten?

They took all the footage off my T.V.
Said it's too disturbing for you and me
It'll just breed anger that's what the experts say
If it was up to me I'd show it every day
Some say this country's just out looking for a fight
After 9/11 man I'd have to say that's right

CHORUS 1
Have you forgotten how it felt that day
To see your homeland under fire
And her people blown away?
Have you forgotten when those towers fell?
We had neighbors still inside
Going through a living hell
And we vowed to get the ones behind Bin Laden
Have you forgotten?

I've been there with the soldiers
Who've gone away to war
And you can bet that they remember
Just what they're fighting for

CHORUS 2
Have you forgotten all the people killed?
Yes, some went down like heroes in that Pennsylvania field
Have you forgotten about our Pentagon?
All the loved ones that we lost
And those left to carry on
Don't you tell me not to worry 'bout Bin Laden
Have you forgotten?

Have you forgotten?
Have you forgotten?