A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Saturday, August 06, 2005

So now it is Tony's fault, is it?

I thought that the terrorist attacks were all President Bush's fault!

But no, Al Qaeda's 2nd in "command" (though what exactly he commands is a mystery---a group of fellow cowards?):

said in a video statement Thursday that the London transit bombings were retribution for British military intervention in Muslim countries and warned of "more destruction" if Britain doesn't withdraw. He also threatened new attacks on Americans.
So, if they are justified in bombing because the Brits, along with us, intervened in horrible situations, then are we not justified in also bombing the hell, literally, out of them?

He went on:

Prime Minister Tony Blair "has brought you destruction in central London and, God willing, will bring more destruction," Zawahiri said, addressing the "English people" in a statement broadcast on the al-Jazeera satellite television channel.

"Our message to you is crystal clear: Your salvation will only come in your withdrawal from our land, in stopping the robbing of our oil and resources, and in stopping your support for the corrupt and corrupting leaders."
And your salvation, Zawahiri, comes when we send a missile into your home. Have fun in hell.