A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Thursday, August 04, 2005

CNN Suspends Novak

I saw the incident this afternoon, while I was watching "Special Report with Brit Hume" on Fox News.

Here is a sort of transcript from Yahoo News:

Carville and Novak were both trying to speak while they were handicapping the GOP candidacy of Katherine Harris. Novak said the opposition of the Republican establishment in Florida might not be fatal for her.

"Let me just finish, James, please," Novak continued. "I know you hate to hear me, but you have to."

Carville, addressing the camera, said: "He's got to show these right wingers that he's got a backbone, you know. It's why the Wall Street Journal editorial page is watching you. Show 'em that you're tough."

"Well, I think that's bull---- and I hate that," Novak replied. "Just let it go."

As moderator Henry stepped in to ask Carville a question, Novak walked off the set.
Really, there's only so much a man can take. James "the Lizard" Carville was being a complete A$$ to Novak, cutting him off, and then saying such a rotten thing. I would have got up and left as well. The "moderator" wasn't much help. He just kind of sat there, allowed Carville to interupt, and then didn't seem to notice Novak leaving. He just continued on asking Carville a question.

A CNN spokeswoman, Edie Emery, called Novak's behavior "inexcusable and unacceptable." Novak had apologized to CNN, and CNN was apologizing to viewers, she said.

"We've asked Mr. Novak to take some time off," she said.
I would say that Carville's behavior was "inexcusable and unacceptable." CNN's behavior is rather hypocritical, given that back during the Democratic National Convention, CNN aired one of the convention producers using the F-word when some balloons wouldn't drop on cue. Was the person who allowed that word on air given indefinite leave? Doubtful.

Just another case of liberal hypocrisy.