A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Monday, August 01, 2005

Jimmy Carter is an Idiot

I'm quite tired of former Dem. Presidents (*shudder*) criticizing President Bush. Did Ronald Reagan constantly criticize Carter for constantly sucking? I don't think so. Did George H.W. Bush constantly criticize Clinton for his lack of morals, ethics, good taste, or self-control? Nope.

Once again Jimmy Carter opens his big fat mouth, this time while in England.

Former President Carter said Saturday the detention of terror suspects at the Guantanamo Bay Naval base was an embarrassment and had given extremists an excuse to attack the United States.

Carter also criticized the U.S.-led war in Iraq as "unnecessary and unjust."

"I think what's going on in Guantanamo Bay and other places is a disgrace to the U.S.A.," he told a news conference at the Baptist World Alliance's centenary conference in Birmingham, England. "I wouldn't say it's the cause of terrorism, but it has given impetus and excuses to potential terrorists to lash out at our country and justify their despicable acts."

Carter said, however, that terrorist acts could not be justified, and that while Guantanamo "may be an aggravating factor ... it's not the basis of terrorism."
First of all, the "extremists" don't need an excuse to attack the U.S. They just do it because they are full of hate and evil.

Secondly, I suppose he ought to come out and criticize college fraternities for hazing in much the same way a few nasty individuals treated some of the evil terrorists being held at Gitmo and other such places.

He praised British police and intelligence services for the swift arrests in connection with the July 21 failed bombing attempts on London's transit system.

"I'm very proud to be in a nation that stands so stalwart against terrorism with us," he said. "The people of my country have united our hearts and sympathy for the tragedy that you have suffered from terrorism."
Third, how is this different than us squashing the terrorists and their friends in Afghanistan and Iraq so swiftly? President Bush hasn't exactly been playing golf or indulging in immoral affairs, rather than catching the bad guys, like Bill Clinton.

Jimmy Carter needs to shut his mouth, especially when in foreign countries.

On a side note: One of my favorite shows used to be "the X-Files." One of the episodes from the awesome 6th season, "Drive," had Agent Mulder trapped in a car with this very intense and seemingly crazy man, Patrick Crump. Mulder calls him "Crump." Crump replies, "Not Crump. Mr Crump." He further proceeds to irritate Mulder, who calls him a "peanut-picking bastard." Jimmy Carter used to own a peanut farm, so I've always thought this the perfect nickname for him. :)