A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Wednesday, July 27, 2005

7/21 Terrorist Yasin Hassan Omar Arrested


British police have confirmed they have arrested one of the would-be bombers from the 7/21 failed attacks, Yasin Hassan Omar.

Officers with Scotland Yard staged an early morning raid in Birmingham, arresting Yasin Hassan Omar and three other men.

Officers zapped Omar with a taser gun to subdue him, Sky News reported. He was taken to the high-security facility at London's Paddington Green police station for questioning.
Apparently, Omar did not go easily.

At least one witness to the raid said Omar appeared to be one of the four men arrested.

"I looked out of the window and the road was full of armed police and they had got the road closed off," said electrician Andy Wilkinson, who lives nearby.

"After 10 or 15 minutes, they brought a guy out. He looked like the darkest-skinned one in the photos of the four suspects released by the police — the one with the curly hair," Wilkinson said. "They had him dressed in one of those white suits. He had plastic cuffs on the front."

Omar arrived in Britain from Somalia in 1992 at age 11, the Home Office said. The 24-year-old, a Somali citizen with British residency, is suspected of attempting to blow up a subway train near Warren Street station.


Head over to Sky News for more information.