A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Sunday, May 11, 2008

Organic Food: Not So Good

If you have jumped on the silly organic food wagon, you might want to read insightful article that examines myths about organic food.

These myths are:

Myth one: Organic farming is good for the environment
Myth two: Organic farming is more sustainable
Myth three: Organic farming doesn't use pesticides
Myth four: Pesticide levels in conventional food are dangerous
Myth five: Organic food is healthier
Myth six: Organic food contains more nutrients
Myth seven: The demand for organic food is booming

So quit pushing your silliness on those of us with brains.

Labels: ,