A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Monday, April 23, 2007

For Shakespeare and St. George

Today is the great William Shakespeare's birthday and the Feast Day of England's patron Saint, St. George. Both events are worthy of note. So,

Happy Birthday, Shakespeare!


And,

"Cry God for Harry, England and St George!"
William Shakespeare, Henry V, Act 3, Scene 1, l. 31


I highly recommend this column about both.

Labels: , ,