A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Monday, December 25, 2006

Thanks to the Troops

If you've finished opening your gifts, eating your Christmas dinner, and playing games, please head over to AmericaSupportsYou and say "Merry Christmas" and "Thanks" to our troops! They keep the peace and fight the battles so that we can safely join our families and spread Christmas cheer. Many of them are far from home, far from their loved ones.

To Our Troops:
You are the greatest military ever in the history of the world. Your sacrifices, courage, and dedication are the reason that so many people are free. Thank you for giving up your time, sweat, blood, and tears---and lives---so that we can be free. God bless you all. Thank you. Know that you are in our prayers! Happy Christmas!