A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Thursday, August 24, 2006

Keep Praying for Steve and Olaf

Fox News Reporter Steve Centanni and Cameraman Olaf Wiig are still being held captive. (Background info: here)

It is going to take more from the Palestinian authorities than words.

AP: Palestinians Denounce Fox Kidnappers---

Palestinian officials on Thursday denounced a militant group that has demanded the release of all Muslims imprisoned by the United States in exchange for two kidnapped Fox journalists.

Khaled Abu Hilal, a spokesman for the Hamas-controlled Interior Ministry, said the kidnapping of Fox correspondent Steve Centanni, of Washington, D.C., and cameraman Olaf Wiig, of New Zealand, was harming Palestinian interests.

"We were shocked at their demands because we don't need a new door of hostility opened with the U.S.," he said.
Actions speak louder than words.

Michelle Malkin has more information, including the possibility of a scary link between the "Holy Jihad Brigades" and al-Qaeda.

Steve Centanni's family responds to the demands

The Jawa Report has more on possible al-Qaeda links and what it all could mean for Steve and Olaf (not good!).

Tel-Chai Nation has a big list of blogs posting about Steve and Olaf.

Right Truth asks Fox News employees being held by al-Qaeda in Gaza or Fatah militia

Hot Air also asks Who kidnapped Centanni?

We must continue to pray for the safety and lives of Steve Centanni and Olaf Wiig. God keep them safe.

Technorati Tags: , , ,