A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Tuesday, May 30, 2006

1 Year Later

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I can hardly believe it has been a year since I began blogging. My friends April, Nick, Jason, Josh, and Paul were all blogging and said I should get my own (visit Nick and April's Just Barely Inside the Beltway too). Thanks for the encouragement!

When I first started I had no idea whatsoever about how to use html. I've learned a very precious little bit since then, but I will keep trying!

I would like to say thank you to everyone who has ever visited, ever linked, ever allowed me to send a trackback, ever commented, or ever sent me an e-mail. Thank you for your support! It would not be nearly so much fun to do this without you! I have made some lovely blog friends in the last year.

I love writing about, reading about, and discussing politics. I am quite sure we will have plenty more to have vapors about over the next year. As I would rather focus this blog on politics and the like, I have decided I need a place to write more lighthearted posts. So, I have created A Lady's Diversions. That way I can write about books, movies, music, cooking, baking, knitting, and whatever else without sounding silly here. So, please do visit!

I hope you all have a lovely day and thank you for visiting!
Lady Jane