A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Thursday, December 22, 2005

Quit Whining!

This is called Democracy. You agree to the system and, therefore, must follow the rules. No whining if a legitimately played game doesn't go your way. Work harder next time. Don't sit out the election and expect to get the results you want.

AP: Iraqi Groups May Boycott New Legislature

If, on the other hand, there are legitimate complaints and questions about an election, then you have the right to ask for investigations.

Unfortunately, if you live in the state of Washington, it doesn't matter who actually wins the governor's race. You still end up with an illegitimate governor.

What to do?