A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Friday, October 21, 2005

Nelson's Titles

As engraved on a plate located on his coffin:

Depositum
The most Noble Lord Horatio Nelson
Viscount and Baron Nelson of the Nile,
And of
Burnham Thorpe in the county of Norfolk,
Baron Nelson of the Nile, and of Hilborough, in the said
County
Knight of the Most Noble Order of the Bath
Vice-Admiral of the White Squadron of the Fleet
And
Commander-in-Chief of his Majesty's Ships and vessels
In the Mediterranean
Also
Duke of Bronte in Sicily
Knight Grand Cross of the Sicilian Order of St Ferdinand and of Merit
Member of the Ottoman Order of the Crescent; and
Knight Grand Commander of the Order of St Joachim
Born September 29 1758
After a series of transcendent and heroic services this
Gallant Admiral fell gloriously, in the moment
Of a brilliant and decisive Victory over the
Combined Fleets of France and Spain, off Trafalgar, on
the 21st October 1805